Another chiffon cake.. this round the texture is much better... no more dense & damp. Prince had 1 & half slice of this yummy Milo Chiffon ... yippe....
I saw Kitchen Corner's nice & tall chiffon pics so i follow her adding in corn flour into the egg white mixture as for my Milo Chiffon cake.
Ingredients: (6-inch chiffon tin)
2 egg yolks
20g caster sugar
1 tbsp Milo
20ml cooking oil
40g self-raising flour
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
40g caster sugar
5g corn flour
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar. Stir Milo and milk until the Milo dissolves.
2. Add the Milo mixture and oil into the egg yolk batter until will combine. Fold in the sieved flour.
3. Beat egg whites till foamy, add in cream of tartar. Gradually add in sugar slowly at soft peaks & finally add in corn flour and beat until stiff peak form.
4. Gently fold 1/3 of beaten egg white into egg yolk batter until well combine. Repeat the same for the balance egg white in 2 batches until well combine. Do not over fold to deflate the batter.
5. Pour batter into ungreased 6-inch chiffon tin. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 30mins.
6. Remove from oven and invert cake immediately until it is completely cool.