鸡蛋糕 is my favorite cake i love to eat when i am little. So this was the next recipe that i searched from the Web.
i failed for the first attemp. It did raised a bit but the texture was little hard & the taste is not there. It could be i added the pandan essence as per the recipe.
the 2nd attemp i tried another recipe with only self-raising flour, eggs & sugar. This round the egg taste too strong & is not soft as expected.
3rd attemp, i tried another recipe which turns out to be a good one. except that it didn't raised, the taste & the texture was almost there.
here is the recipe i got it from fenyingrecipe.blogspot.com.
- Egg 200g
- Sugar 230g
- Hong Kong flour 230g
- 7-up 75g
- Use high speed beat eggs till fluffy
- Add in sugar gradually and continue beating till well- blended, turn off the power
- Fold in the flour in 3 portions
- Add in Ingredients C and mix well
- Pour mixture into 20cm round bamboo basket lined with glass paper till 90% full
- Sprinkle a handful of sugar such that it forms a cross on the surface of mixture
- Steam over high heat for half an hour